blue

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Favorite songs

For some reason i want to make an ongoing post with a compilation of some of my all-time favorite songs.  The creme of the crop. The ones that give me goosepimples. The ones that I still love and feel inspired by years later (or expect to)...those kind!!!

Here are the first few of the list:

Songs that inspire/comfort/make me feel warm and fuzzy (they arent all happy, but they are beautifully created--sometimes it's the melody/harmonies more than the words that i find i need):
Fix You -- Coldplay
I Lived -- One Republic
Hanz Zimmer -- Tennessee
River God -- Mindy Gledhill
Dust -- Cara Salimando
Distance -- Christina Perri
Try -- Colbie Caillat
Io -- Hellan Stellar
Iris -- The Goo Goo Dolls
My Blood -- Ellie Goulding
Gravity -- Kelly Clarkson
Speed of Sound -- Coldplay
The Minstrels Prayer -- Cartel
I Can Only Imagine -- MercyMe
Gotta Figure This Out -- Erin McCarley
When A Heart Breaks -- Ben Rector
Round and Round -- Imagine Dragons
Are We All Forgotten -- Paper Route
In Your Eyes -- Glee Cast Version
Some Nights -- Fun.
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall -- Coldplay
Oh Holy Night -- Lea Michele
Emma -- Dan Truman & Mindy Gledhill
Small Enough -- Mindy Gledhill
Butterfly Kisses -- Bob Carlisle
I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For -- Glee Cast Version
A Thousand Years -- Christina Perri
Say Something -- A Great Big World (Featuring Christina Aguilera)

Songs that motivate/get me moving:
Shake it Off -- Taylor Swift
In Style -- Taylor Swift
Sail -- Awolnation
Ordinary Human -- One Republic
I Can Only Imagine -- David Guetta
I Gotta Feeling -- Black Eyed Peas
Locked Out of Heaven -- Bruno Marz 
Normal Like You -- Everclear
Good Feeling -- Flo Rida
(Guilty Pleasure -- I'd change a few words if i could...in fact, I do when I sing it, haha...really loudly)
You Dance -- EastMountainSouth
I Will Hide Myself Away -- Cartel
Wild Ones -- Flo Rida (another guilty pleasure :/ )

Close contenders (but not quite theres...and some, it's because they were just so darn overplayed that I can't enjoy them as much anymore...pity):
Garden Walls -- Mindy Gledhill
Dance on Our Graves -- Paper Route
The Afters -- Life is Beautiful
In My Veins -- Aaron Bell (featuring Erin McCarley)
To Be With You -- Caroline Lost
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas -- Christina Aguilera
The Scientist -- Coldplay
Big Yellow Taxi -- Counting Crows
Caught By a River -- Doves
If Im Not in Love -- Faith Hill
I Dont Want to Miss a Thing -- Aerosmith
TipToe -- Imagine Dragons
Demons -- Imagine Dragons
Amsterdam -- Imagine Dragons
Where Are You Christmas -- Faith Hill
Down -- Jason Walker
Everybody's Changing -- Keane

This list has a lot of growing to do. I LOVE music. 





No comments:

Post a Comment