blue

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mothers Deserve Badges of Honor

Well there aren't any mixing of cards with Chloe.  She definitely has that XX chromosomal signature that makes many of us female types go ABSOLUTELY BONKERS around 12-14, sometimes earlier.

Apparently in Chloe's case, at 4 months!


As this comic describes, this must not only apply to girls but goodness...it felt like she went full-scale teenager on me today!  I've never seen her so happy!  Just full of smiles and spontaneous laughter, sometimes lasting as long as 10 minutes!!!  Then flip the switch and BOOM!  Who starved the world of oxygen just now?!  Get that bottle, stat!  Where are pacifiers when you need them?!  

I should probably feel all warm and fuzzy seeing as how she refused to spend a minute of her day outside of my sight...and no more than 15 minutes out of my hands...but that also meant no quality naps today which only further aggravated her mood!  Sidenote: Thank heavens for Baby Bjorns.  It's the only reason I accomplished anything today.

Alas, I know this is par for the course in parenthood and we have all seen these days.  Nevertheless, I was super excited when Ryan came home with a new pack of her coveted binkies...she FINALLY fell asleep in my arms...and was too tired to be upset when I finally settled her in her crib.  

I'll tell you what though! I feel a little like superwoman after today!
I somehow managed to accomplish the following in the midst of all Chloes demands:

-- Three or four loads of laundry, sorted, folded and put away (for the most part).
-- Some progress on my advent calendar craft
-- Created a Winter Wreath, with the help of my cousin Andrea!!!
-- Cleaned Chloe's room
-- Made Ryan a quality lunch
-- Took Cooper on a walk
-- Re-hung an outdoor sign Ive been meaning to fix for weeks
-- Gave Chloe a bath
-- Got everything together for her to be babysat by grandma tomorrow

I tell you all this only because it means one thing: God is giving me my strength back!!! I am healing! I am so grateful I had the energy I needed for Chloe and these other things today.

Now...I'm going to check-out, go veg on the couch and watch a movie with my hubbie.  I am so ready to turn my brain off!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment