blue

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Seeing Grandparents

Yesterday Ryan and I went to his grandparents house to visit before they leave for St George.  They spend the winters there.  In the last few years grandpa Miller has given us some scares with his health.  This year we had to visit him in the ER for a condition doctors couldn't exactly diagnose, but it had to do with his blood.  We worry for him and hope to have him around for some years to come.  He has been a great spiritual leader in our family...someone we all look up to.  He and grandma are so well educated on church history and have spent so much of their lives serving in the church.  They are great examples to live up to.  We hope in some way we can.  Talking with them is always a great gift and opportunity.  They share their love for us in so many ways.  When we visited them in st george a couple years ago they made us feel so special and important.  They have a talent for that.  They always pull out snacks, including pepperjack cheese, really great crackers, and whatever else they have lying around.  Last night it was chicken sandwiches and sweet pickles.  I usually hate sweet pickles and Ryan usually hates pickles in general, but these particular ones were great...they were Famous Daves brand.  I love Ryans grandparents and I am so grateful that his grandparents have made a high priority of staying close to their grandchildren.  I'm not sure my grandparents really cared if they saw us or not, on either side of my family.  I feel his grandparents' love and interest in me every time.  Long before Ryan and I were married, Grandpa Miller expressed his hope that I would some day join the family.  I'm so glad I did, and I'm so glad I get to be with Ryan's grandparents forever.  What a great gift the gospel is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment