blue

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Parties & Random Acts of Fusion

I'll start with Josh's party from Friday.  Josh hosted a Halloween party at his parent's house.  He is making a tradition of this.  It is always fun to party at the Stephens's home...I have been doing this since 9th grade.  They have a great home, have great snacks and offer great company.  This year was especially fun because Ryan and I had our own friends show up.  Nate (Rio) and Kara came as pirates, and were the only ones in costume...but they looked incredible!  Marie brought Nicolo, a guy she is dating from Italy, and he seemed to have fun learning new party games.  She left him with us while she worked.  This is the first time I've had the opportunity to share time with Nicolo in that context, and I thought it was really fun.  He is a great person for Marie.  We played Murder in the Dark, live action style, where all the lights in the house are shut off and people go around hiding and searching for each other, trying to avoid the "murderers" who pretend to kill them if they are caught.  When a live person finds a "body" lying on the ground, they yell "body, body!" and everyone comes to one room and together, they lay out their suspects and try to determine "whodunnit."  We had a lot of fun.  Afterward, Rio pulled us downstairs to play this Zombie game on the XBox...my attempt at pretty much any nintendo game is laughable, but I tried.  Ryan did well.  So did Nicolo!

Saturday I hosted a Dental Hygiene Reunion/Halloween Party at my house.  I made 20 caramel apples, Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory-style, from scratch and have a number of them left over so I'm pawning them off on my friends, haha.  It was nice catching up with some of my girls (including Maren, Julie, Jamie, Tori, Ashley, and Kelsey) but I was super tardy due to the third thing I have to blog about...

More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment