blue

Monday, February 1, 2016

How to Keep a Toddler Happy at her Dr's Appointment...

Chloe is a smart cookie and as such, remembers the faces of those that poke her with needles, so the minute we walk into the door of the pediatric clinic she starts crying.  The poor dear, I remember doing the same thing all through my growing up years.  What I didn't know is how a child's emotional pain afflicts parents just as much, if not more!  My poor mother, haha!  
I was determined to distract her and was prompted with an excellent idea!  I pulled out my phone, flipped to the selfie camera, and started making faces.  It wasn't long before Chloe's tears turned into quaint smiles, chuckles and then roaring laughter!  I love being a mom, and knowing I have the power to shape my daughters mind and attitude.  I am grateful to be able to soothe her as only a mother can.  We had the best time and captured some precious pictures that I will treasure forever.  
Parenting is a huge, all-encompassing responsibility and keeping Chloe healthy, well-fed, and growing is an enormous part of that.   We believe in immunizations and the benefits of health care.  We love Chloe's kind-natured doctor and the clinic we belong to.  They have 24hr care for those gut-wrenching emergencies and are so wise to trust a mother's intuition and to work WITH us to make sure that Chloe stays healthy and happy.  
She is growing well and sure gets her fill during meal times!  We love our little gobble-monster!  There's hardly a meal out there that she doesn't love!  It's sometimes sad to see that she is growing up so quickly but we are grateful beyond all means that she's growing in a healthy way if she has to at all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment