blue

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cooked my First Butterball!

Kay, I don't know if my turkey was technically a butterball, but I do know that I appreciate all our former Thanksgivings just a little more now that I've finally hosted one, myself! A lot of planning goes into these and cooking a turkey is an art form that takes real talent.  Ours was good but I'll admit I have much to learn! I was lucky to have a good group of helpers! 
Dad was on Cooper duty.  You can tell by the way he talks to Coop that he has a major soft spot for him. Mom helped me time everything right, took care of all the odds and ends and set the table. Shale made the yams & sweet potatoes and Ryan cut his first roast beast and then took care of dishes!! 

We talked about all we are thankful for and each of us mentioned family. I feel so fortunate to have my parents around...that they are healthy and close. I tear up every time I think that there will be a time when they can't just be reached by phone or hugged whenever I want. I try to soak up every moment I can with them. Shale and I have had lots of fun playing this year and I'm grateful for our closeness and that we share a past and get to share a future. She is so kind, generous and overall wonderful. And of course, I'm more than blessed to have such a loving, patient, doting husband. We talked about our appreciation for our freedoms in this nation, for our safety and security. We talked about the joys Cooper has brought to the family. We talked about our jobs, our homes, our vacations, etc etc etc. There is so much to be grateful to our Heavenly Father for. 
After dinner, dessert, and our little discussion we played Aggravation as a family and I got absolutely demolished!!! But we had a blast. I can't wait for the next excuse we find to celebrate together. My family is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment